Menu
Cart 0

Cards using Distress Oxide Inks

Posted by Janice Upton on

Hi there.  I had some spare time on the weekend (which doesn't happen very often these days) and made a few cards using Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Inks.  I really love these, you can use the same colours and end up with something completely different.

Here's what I did: 

On a manila tag I used Wilted Violet, Cracked Pistachio, Spiced Marmalade oxide ink pads.(See Wendy's video on a earlier post demonstrating ways to use these).  The black trellis the flowers are sitting on is some left over gutter guard. The stuff you use to keep leaves out of the gutters on our house!  I had seen some in the garage and thought 'I bet I can use that on something'.  Isn't it funny how you start to look at things like that and imagine them on a layout, a card or on a mixed media project.  The possibilities are endless!

I attached some mini roses, some left over Prima flowers from another project and my favourite Martha Stewart branch punch.  Then made a bow using seam binding and added a greeting plus a few sequins.  I embossed a piece of Kraft card for the completed tag to sit on, which was secured using foam tape.

For the card below I used the gutter guard again, this time for a male card.  The inks used this time are Fossilized Amber, Fired Brick and Broken China. I also used modelling paste through a stencil at the bottom of the tag to add a bit more interest.  The paste took on the colours of the oxide inks beneath so when it was dry I gently rubbed the Fossilized Amber ink pad over it to highlight the texture.  Then added some cogs, a clock and a phrase, with a piece of seam binding that I coloured with TH Distress ink pad - Faded Jeans.  Embossed a piece of blue card to attach the tag. No foam tape this time!

For the next card I coloured the manila tag with Fossilized Amber, Cracked Pistachio, Wilted Violet and Worn Lipstick. Once dry, I used the large stamp from the Tim Holtz Distress Damask set to white emboss the large stamp on to the tag. Using the same stamp, I made a background on the white card stock with VersaMark as a watermark effect.  Just to add a bit more 'something' to the card. Then using 'an oldie but a goodie' stamp from Tim's Papillon set I stamped the butterflies on the tag using Black Stazon.

As I had been colouring the tag, I had been using another piece of card to mop up the left over ink on my mat so that it could also be stamped with the butterflies so they could be cut out and layered on to the tag using foam tape.  I added a phrase which had been stamped on a piece of card that had been coloured with Fossilized Amber.  Then a bit of seam binding tied at the top.

Hope my instructions are easy to follow, if you have any questions please send me an email on sales@phoenixcrafts.co.nz.  Happy of talk about craft anytime! 

Products used:

                    


Share this post



← Older Post Newer Post →


Leave a comment